Get into teaching
More top graduates are training to teach than ever before – three quarters now have a 2:1 or higher. With excellent career progression opportunities and competitive financial benefits, they're doing so with good reason. Come to a Train to Teach Roadshow to find out how you can train for this rewarding, challenging career.
Throughout the day, you'll be able to:
- Attend a presentation with guidance on the routes into teaching, including School Direct, plus invaluable information on applying for teacher training
- Speak to teaching experts and receive one-to-one advice on your training options
- Meet initial teacher training (ITT) providers in your region to find out about their courses and entry requirements
- Meet representatives from schools participating in the School Direct Training Programme to find out more about the programme in their schools
- Talk to current teachers about what it’s like to be a teacher
The events are completely free and are taking place in Belfast, Dublin, Southampton, Bath, Shrewsbury, Nottingham, Manchester, Northampton, London, Sheffield, Preston, Brighton, Leeds, Oxford, Plymouth, Liverpool, Canterbury, Middlesbrough, Gloucester, Cambridge, Norwich, and again in London throughout April, May and June 2014.
These events are designed for anyone interested in teaching, particularly those who want to teach maths, physics, chemistry, modern foreign languages, computer science, design and technology or primary.
Visit our get into teaching YouTube channel to find helpful videos about life as a teacher.
View the presentation slides (Ppt, 4MB) that are being used at these events for guidance on the routes into teaching, including School Direct, plus information on applying for teacher training.